Installing windows in laptops is now just as easy as that. It used to be a little tough when people didn’t know much about how to properly install the OS. But now, it’s pretty simple. We have collected some important information about the OS installation in laptops and we’re here to share all that with you. Let’s move ahead.
What Things Do I Need?
Here are a few things that you’ll require for the installation of OS in your HP laptops.
USB Flash Drive
Nobody wants to buy DVD Drives these days to install Windows on their PCs or Laptops. USB is the easiest and most convenient way to install Windows 10. So, a bootable USB is the very first thing that you need. Make sure you use a 16GB or 32GB USB drive.
A Laptop or Computer with Internet
Here, we are not talking about the laptop you want to install the OS in. we’re talking about another laptop or a PC in order to download Windows Media Creation Tool and easily boot USB Flash Drive. You may then use the USB to install the OS on your new laptop.
A Laptop You Want to Install OS in
Obviously, you need to have the laptop on which you want to install Windows 10.
Steps for Booting Windows 10 into Flash Drive
- Insert a USB Flash Drive in a computer or laptop which already contains the installed OS. It is very important because this is how we are going to make a windows 10 bootable USB drive.
- Now, from the official Microsoft website, you need to install the Windows Media Creation Tool. Make sure you visit the official website so that you don’t have to deal with some fake software.
- You’ll see the “Download Tool Now” option. Click on it and it starts to download.
- When the download is complete, you’ll install the setup.
- While installing the tool, carefully read the license terms and conditions and then click on “Accept”.
- A window will appear asking “What do you want to do?” Check the “Create installation media for another PC” option and tap “Next”.
- The next window will ask you about the Language, Edition, and Architecture that you want to select. Do not enter anything in these boxes. Just tick the “Use recommended options for this PC” and move further by clicking on “Next”.
- A window will appear, asking you to select the USB Flash drive. Choose your particular flash drive and move on to “Next”.
- This was all to start the downloading process of windows 10 OS on your laptop. This might take some time to complete the download.
- Once the process is 100% complete, a message “Your USB Flash Drive is ready to use” will be displayed. Simply click on the “Finish” button.
These were the steps to make Windows 10 bootable USB Drive.
How to Boot and Install Windows OS from Flash Drive?
Once you have installed the Windows OS on your flash drive, now it’s pretty simple to boot it in another Laptop. Here is how:
- Plugin the USB drive in the laptop that you want to install OS in.
- Turn your Laptop and press the F9 button. This will open the BIOS Boot Manager. Now select your particular US Drive by clicking on it.
- This will boot Windows 10 from the USB.
After you’re done with the booting of your Windows 10 from the flash drive, next step is the installation in your HP laptop. This is how you can install:
- After the booting process, you’ll be asked to select your Language, Time and Currency Format and Keyboard or Input method. After selecting all the suitable options, click on “Next”.
- The next window will appear with an “Install now” option. Click on it to start the installation process.
- Next, you’ll be asked to enter the windows activation product key. If you have the key already, well and good. Just enter it where required. Even if you don’t have it, there won’t be any issue yet. You can simply click on “I don’t have a product key”. This will provide you a free 30-day trial. Later on, you can insert the product key after the installation is complete.
- Now, a window will appear asking you about the Operating System that you plan to install. Choose the one you intend to install and click on “Next”.
- The license terms and conditions will appear. Read the terms and then tick the “I accept the license terms” box and proceed by tapping “Next”.
- In the very next step after this, you’ll be asked about the type of installation you want. Do not get confused. Choose the “Custom: Install Windows Only (Advanced)” option because we want a complete new setup of Windows 10. (You may or may not be asked about this depending upon your laptop’s properties).
- Now, you’ll select the drive where you want to keep the windows. Just select the drive from the given list and click on “Next”. If your selected drive isn’t empty, you can simply format the drive in order to install a fresh window 10.
- The installation will start automatically after all these steps. Your laptop may reboot many times during the process. Do not worry and let the installation continue.
After the process is complete, you have successfully installed the window. Now complete the windows configure settings by selecting your origin, your account, and passwords.
After all these settings, you’ll finally be able to see Windows 10 on your laptop.
This was all about how you can install the Windows Operating System in your HP Laptop with the help of a pen drive. We hope that the procedure would be helpful and easy to follow. In case you face any problem during the booting and installation of the windows, you may further take help from the internet. If you’re still unable to resolve the issue, then it is recommended to contact any nearby hardware shop.