You might have experienced a blank, blue screen on your laptop or PC’s screen. This blue screen is actually known as the Screen of Death and the most common reason that it shows is some faulty hardware corrupted page in your system. The death error shows up without giving any warning and that’s obviously not a happy experience.
So, whenever the blue death screen shows up, displaying “Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page”, you should look for some solutions to get the problem fixed.
Most Common Reasons
You might be thinking how could only one reason always result in the corrupted page. Well, there could be different reasons while the one being most common. We have listed out some problems that lead to faulty hardware corrupted pages.
- Uninstalling or installing a program incorrectly.
- Corrupted system files as a result of malicious software.
- Windows update installation problems.
- Incorrectly configured or out-of-date device drivers.
- A recent software update corrupted the Windows registry.
- Hard disks that have been damaged or corrupted.
Methods for Fixing the Issue
We have figured out some solutions for the faulty hardware corrupted pages.
Disable Fast Startup
For most of the time, the problem occurs due to the enabled fast startup feature. So, disabling the feature would probably resolve the issue. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Go to the Control Panel of your system from the Search bar.
- Then click on “All Control Panel Items” and select “Power Options”.
- From the left bar menu, look for “Choose what the power button does” and tap on it.
- There, you’ll see “change settings that are currently unavailable”. Click on it. From here, you’ll further modify the settings.
- Look for “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” and uncheck the box.
- Then click on “Save changes” and restart your computer.
After the computer has restarted, check if the error has been fixed.
Run a RAM Check and System File Checker
If disabling the fast startup didn’t work for you, try running the Windows Memory Diagnostic and System File Checker. Because the problem may have occurred due to some problem in your hardware memory or corrupted system files.
Running a RAM Check
- Press Window key + R from your keyboard.
- You’ll be asked to type the name of the program, folder, or internet resource inside the run dialogue and type “exe”. Click “ok”.
- After this, Windows memory diagnostic window will appear. Click on “Restart now”.
- This might take around 20 minutes while the system scans and fixes the hardware problems. Wait until the process completes and then check if the problem has been fixed.
Running System File Checker
- Press the Windows + X key from your keyboard.
- A list will be shown. Select the “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the list.
- Type “SFC/scan now” under the command prompt box and press Enter.
- The system will start the scanning. Make sure you do not disrupt the process. After the scan has been completed, restart your system.
Update Your System Drivers
It is always a great idea to keep your system drivers up to date in order to enjoy your system’s maximum performance. If the above two methods didn’t work for you, try updating the drivers. Here is how:
- Go to the Device Manager from your system’s search bar.
- When the device manager opens, look for “Device Adapters” from the given list.
- Now select a category under the Device adapters. Right-click on the category that you want to update. Then click on “Update Driver” and hit “Ok”.
- This will update the particular drivers. It is recommended to update all the drivers that require updating.
Roll Back Device Drivers
The installation of new hardware drivers rarely interferes with the operating system, resulting in system errors and problems. Microsoft knows that. BSODs resulting from “Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page” can be rolled back after a recent driver update.
Here are the steps for rolling back the device drivers:
- Search for “Device Manager” from your system’s search bar and open it.
- A window with a list of drivers will appear. Double click on the device category and select the driver that you intend to roll back.
- Right-click on the concerned driver and go to its “Properties”.
- Select the “Driver” tab. You’ll see it right next to the General tab in the properties window.
- Select “Roll Back Driver”. It is present after the Update Driver option. Now hit “Ok”.
- At last, restart your system.
Reset Your Operating System
Another solution for the faulty hardware corrupted page is to reset your entire operating system. This will present you with a fresh and new operating system. Hence, before you start the process it is recommended to back up all your important files and data completely.
Here are the steps you need to follow for resetting your operating system:
- Go to the system’s “Settings” from the search bar.
- Select the “Update and Security” option from the settings.
- On the left bar of the window, you’ll see many options. Look for the “Recovery” option and select it.
- Furthermore, you’ll see a Reset this PC section. Under this section, click on “Get Started”.
- You’ll be given two options to choose from. Select “Remove Everything” but remember that this will erase your entire data. So, make sure you have created a backup.
- Next, you’ll be asked to clean the drives. We recommend you to go for the “Just Remove My Files” option because this is the quickest option.
- After this, a window will appear, displaying “Ready to Reset this PC”. Click on the reset button.
- As soon as you hit the reset button, the window will start to install automatically. You do not have to do anything further.
You’ll have a freshly installed operating system. Now, you can simply back up all your data.
Remember that Resetting your OS is recommended when no other method worked to solve the issue of faulty hardware corrupted page. Because obviously, erasing all the data and then backing it up is not an easy thing for everyone.
The blue screen of death is never nice. It turns out to be very annoying because the screen simply turns blue without even giving any warning and you may lose your work. But whenever the issue appears, start trying the fixation from the simplest methods available. Because sometimes, the simplest fixes have the greatest effects.
In case you fail to resolve the issue through the basic methods, then you’ll surely have to go for the major fixes. But do remember to start from the initial stages.