The best motherboards ensure that your PC and all its components are running at their optimal performance. So, whether you’re building a PC or need one for that brand new graphics card or processor you bought, you’ll be wise to invest.
Your choice of motherboard will either make or break your PC. As a PC’s backbone or foundation, the best motherboards not only allow your internals to interact with one another but also make sure that they’re running and even overclocking better.
The issue here is that there are a ton of choices ranging from affordable motherboards all the way to premium models. So which one do you choose? The one you choose depends rather on your budget as well as your level of production/expertise.
Choosing the best motherboard for your PC is a critical part of the process. The CPU, GPU, RAM, and other components are essential, but it’s the motherboard that holds them all together. It’s easy to make the wrong choice with a motherboard, which is why we rounded up some of the best motherboards right here to help you make the right choice.
Table of Contents
Our Top Picks For Best Audio Motherboards
Following mentioned motherboards are the best Audio producing motherboards. I have given a detailed review of each motherboard with its pros and cons to make it easy for you to select the best motherboard that will suit your needs.
Premium Motherboard with Thunderbolt 3.0
|Asus Proart z490-Creator||Buy On Amazon|
Mid-Range Intel Motherboard For Audio Productions
|ASUS Prime Z490-A LGA 1200 (Intel 10th Gen) ATX Motherboard||Buy On Amazon|
Recommended AMB MOBO
|ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus ATX Motherboard||Buy On Amazon|
Low Mid-Range Motherboard
|GIGABYTE B550M AORUS PRO-P Motherboard||Buy On Amazon|
Affordable AMD Audio Workstation
|GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H Motherboard||Buy On Amazon|
Affordable Intel Set up
|GIGABYTE B365M DS3H Motherboard||Buy On Amazon|
1. Asus Proart z490-Creator (Premium Motherboard with Thunderbolt 3.0)
The ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator 10G is ASUS’ first ProArt DIY-market product obviously aimed at consumers that want something more specialized. ASUS ProArt Z490-CREATOR is one such motherboard that is particularly designed to cater to professionals like Audio producers.
The motherboards feature the Intel LGA1200 socket suitable for the newer 10th and 11th Gen Intel processors. Being a professional-grade motherboard, it is based on the premium Z490 chipset. ProArt is a niche lineup designed for creative professionals who need the very best in platform connectivity. This lineup aligns ASUS to offer a competing product against the GIGABYTE Designare lineup. It does that by providing a Z490 chipset design backed with integrated Thunderbolt 3, 2.5Gbe LAN, and additional 10GBe by way of an AIC.
The ProArt Z490-CREATOR 10G motherboard features ASUS Control Center Express to help manage USB ports, as well as blacklist software and block registry keys to prevent unauthorized access and data leaks. Its intuitive graphical UI enables easy client device management with real-time hardware and software monitoring in your studio.
- Brand: ASUS
- Chipset: Intel Z490
- Weight: 2.65 lbs
- CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K
- Board: ASUS PRO ART Z490 CREATOR 10G
- RAM: 2 X 16GB Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz
- SSD: KINGSTON KC2000 500GB NVMe PCIe
- Supports: Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking, Front Panel MIC Jack-retasking, up to 24-Bit/192kHz playback
- Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB
- Display: Acer S220HQL
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: $299
- Ultrafast connectivity: It includes Two Thunderbolt™ 3 Type-C ports, two M.2, HYPER 10G LAN card, and onboard 2.5G Intel® LAN that provide power and speed.
- Intelligent optimization: It also contains AI Overclocking, AI Cooling, and CreationFirst that automatically optimize CPU frequencies, fan speeds, and network traffic for enhanced system performance and work efficiency.
- Powerful performance:12+2 DrMOS power stages, multi-GPU support, and improved memory frequency and stability empower creativity.
- Trusted stability: It is tested for 24/7 dependability, validated for solid compatibility, and equipped with SafeSlot for durability.
- ProArt Creator Hub: Centralized software for one-stop monitoring and management of ASUS ProArt series products enables efficient content creation workflows.
- Package: Board comes in a nice black cardboard box with the model number.
- Component Layout: Heatsinks are made up of dense aluminum with a thermal pad installed, giving great passive cooling to VRM MOSFET, Z490 chipset, and M.2 Storage.
I really loved its quality. ASUS ProArt Z490-CREATOR 10G offers simple and flexible tools that enhance almost every aspect of your content-creation system, giving you the fast, intuitive control needed for efficient workflow. It features dynamic automated tuning with AI overclocking and AI cooling, in addition to CreationFirst software, which prioritizes and optimizes your network traffic for faster, lag-free online work.
2. ASUS Prime Z490-A LGA 1200 (Intel 10th Gen) ATX Motherboard
Prime has been the entry-level platform for ASUS for several years. These boards offer all of the basics for their own respective generations while going easy on your wallet compared to high durability solutions like the ASUS TUF or gaming brands like ROG. The Z490-A is at the high-end of the Prime lineup, with the Z490-P among others occupying the lower tiers. The Z490-A, as the name suggests, is an Intel 10th Generation platform built around the Z490 chipset.
ASUS Prime series is expertly engineered to unleash the full potential of 10th Gen Intel Core™ processors. Boasting a robust power design, comprehensive cooling solutions and intelligent tuning options, Prime Z490 series motherboards provide daily users and DIY PC builders a range of performance tuning options via intuitive software and firmware features.
The Prime Z490 motherboard packs flexible tools to tune every aspect of your system, enabling you to tweak performance settings to perfectly match the way you work – maximizing your productivity.
- Brand: ASUS
- Chipset: Intel Z490
- Memory Storage Capacity: 128 GB
- Audio Chipset: Realtek S1220A High Definition Audio CODEC
- Weight: 2.50 lbs
- Item Dimensions: 13.3 x 10.74 x 2.7 inches
- CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K
- Immersive Gaming Audio: The ASUS Prime Z490-A offers amazing audio quality to draw you deeper into the game action or to enhance your favorite music tracks or videos.
- Packaging: The PRIME Z490-A comes in ASUS’s typical retail box we’ve seen from their PRIME series. On the front, we have a picture of the board.
- Memory Slots: There are four memory slots on this board that support up to 128GB of DDR4-4800 memory.
- Enhanced power solution: It includes12+2 DrMOS power stages, 6-layer PCB, ProCool sockets, alloy chokes, and durable capacitors for stable power delivery.
- AI Overclocking: It quickly optimizes CPU performance based on the CPU and cooler, achieving results that are extremely close to manual tuning by experts.
- AI Cooling: It manages and controls all motherboard fans, automatically optimizing settings based on current system load and temperature.
- 5-Way Optimization: By one click, system-wide tuning delivers optimized overclocking and intelligent cooling for CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
The ASUS Prime Z490-A is only a mid-range motherboard, its feature set and added power delivery systems allow for it to become more than a serviceable board. It’s also one of three motherboards from ASUS that has a white aesthetic if you’re building a rig with that kind of theme in mind.
3. ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus ATX Motherboard
The ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus motherboard features a matte black PCB with the TUF Gaming series logo on the rear panel cover. In keeping with the muted color pattern, the VRM and chipset heatsinks are all black-colored as well. The board’s ATX form factor provides more than enough surface area to house the integrated components, as well as giving the board compatibility with the most available gamer-friendly enclosures.
This is an under $200 X570 chipset-based motherboard, you can find it on Amazon for $188.35. Let’s see if this motherboard can live up to this excellent price point.
- Brand: ASUS
- Memory Support: 4xDIMM DDR4 2133 – DDR4 4400(O.C.) (Dependent on CPU generation)
- CPU Socket: Socket AM4
- USB Ports: USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps): 3x Type-A, 1x Type-CUSB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbps): 4x Type-A
- Ethernet Controllers: Realtek L8200A
- HD Audio Codec: RealTek ALC S1200A
- Platform: Windows 10
- Warranty: 3 years
- Memory: The board has a total of four DIMM slots with Dual Channel memory mode active with modules in slots 1 / 3 or 2 / 4. The board supports up to 128GB of memory.
- AM4 Socket: The ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS (WI-FI) uses a 6-layer PCB and is an ATX motherboard using the AM4 socket for AMD Ryzen processors.
- TUF Gaming Alliance: TUF Gaming Alliance is a collaboration between ASUS and trusted PC-component brands to ensure compatibility with a wide range of parts, such as PC cases, power supplies, CPU coolers, memory kits, and more.
- Easy To Set Up: TUF Gaming motherboards are designed to be easy to set up and configure just the way you want, even for first-time builders.
- MOS: TUF Gaming X570-Plus’ CPU VRM utilizes 12+2 Dr. MOS power stages that combine high-side and low-side MOSFETs and drivers into a single package, delivering power and efficiency that AMD’s latest processors demand.
TUF Gaming X570-Plus provides a complete, high-performance gaming package with a long list of features to improve your experience, including ultrafast networking for smoother online gameplay, pristine audio with positional cues for FPS gaming, and onboard RGB lighting that syncs with attached accessories to help you create a personalized gaming atmosphere.
4. GIGABYTE B550M AORUS PRO-P Motherboard
If you are looking for a middle-of-the-road build and you do not want to spend too much on a motherboard, then we highly recommend this option. This motherboard features the B550 chipset. In terms of functionality and price, it lies between the A and X series AMD chipsets for desktop PCs.
The B550M Aorus Pro includes four SATA ports, a gigabit LAN port, two M.2 sockets (one with a heatsink), a solid audio section, and of course, a VRM said to be able to handle the 5950X. Compared to its little brother, the Gigabyte B550M DS3H, the Aorus Po has better audio, more USB ports, and more robust power delivery, making this a well-rounded board for the latest AMD processors, especially if you plan on overclocking.
Unlike the motherboards above, this motherboard has an mATX form factor. It is smaller and has fewer PCIe slots, but most Audio Productions builds do not require a high degree of expandability anyways.
- Brand: Gigabyte
- Item Dimension: 10.62 x 10.55 x 2.67 inches
- Weight: 3.05 pounds
- Chipset: B550
- Form Factor: Micro ATX
- Compatible Processor: AMD 3rd Generation Ryzen
- RAM Memory Technology: DDR4
- USB: 4 x USB 2.0 Type-A
4 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
- AMD B550 Chipset: The AORUS PRO-P is built upon the AMD B550 chipset, giving you access to the AM4 socket, ideal for 3rd gen Ryzen brand processors.
- Design: With a 12-phase digital twin power design and a 2x copper printed circuit board, the AORUS PRO-P stabilizes system performance and balances voltage.
- Thermal Enhancement: It is built with Pre-installed IO Armor, an enlarged MOSFET heatsink and M.2 thermal guard wick away heat to provide ample protection for your motherboard and components from damage caused by overheating.
- Network Connectivity: It is essential for competitive online gaming and live streaming, the 2.5 GbE LAN adapters allow you to experience enhanced network speeds.
- Ultra-Durable PCIe Armor: GIGABYTE’s ultra-durable PCIe slot is enhanced with stainless steel shielding, reinforcing the connectors to provide extra strength for headier graphics cards.
- High-Quality Audio: The AORUS PRO-P uses high-quality audio components for a deep and immersive audio experience.
Gigabyte offers the B550 motherboard that functions and performs excellently; plus, it also has a great feature set which makes it highly notable. This motherboard is also well-tuned and I didn’t experience any stability issues.
5. GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H Motherboard
This is an ultra-affordable motherboard that is excellent for those who wish to install a separate sound card of their own. There are budget motherboards and there is this Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H. This is an ultra-budget motherboard that is excellent if you want to build the most economical setup using an AMD system.
The money you save on this motherboard can be used to procure high-end sound cards with high DNR and sample rates. Besides, if you are a beginner audio producer and you just need a motherboard to run all the important software, then this can serve you quite well.
Being a micro ATX motherboard, it is smaller than the ATX options and thus the system should have a smaller footprint as a result. The motherboard features minimal specs with just 2 x DIMM slots for a max of 32 GB, which is more than enough for running any audio software.
- Brand: Gigabyte
- CPU Socket: Socket AM4
- RAM Memory Technology: DDR4
- Platform: Windows 8.1, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8, Windows 10 Windows 8.1
- Series: GA-A320M-S2H
- Chipset: AMD A-320
- Compatible Processors: AMD A-Series, AMD Athlon
- Storage: GIGABYTE M.2 solution offers considerably faster storage performance and support for both PCIe and SATA interfaces* for M.2 SSD devices.
- Native 4k Support: GIGABYTE motherboards provide native 4K support with integrated AMD Radeon®Graphics via HDMI.
- Smart Fan 5: It includes Smart Fan 5. With Smart Fan, 5 users can ensure that their gaming PC can maintain its performance while staying cool.
- Anti – Sulfur Resistor Design: By equipping resistors with an Anti-Sulfur Design GIGABYTE gives Ultra Durable Motherboards a whole new meaning.
- High-Quality Onboard Audio Design: Delivers high-quality sound resolution and sound expansion to create the most realistic sound effects for professional gamers.
- Glass Fabric PCB: GIGABYTE motherboards have been designed to make sure that humidity is never an issue, incorporating a new Glass Fabric PCB technology that repels moisture caused by humid and damp conditions.
Gigabyte M.2 solution offers considerably faster storage performance and support for both PCIe and SATA interfaces for M.2 SSD devices. It is easy to install and budget-friendly.
6. GIGABYTE B365M DS3H Motherboard
The GIGABYTE B365M-DS3H motherboard comes in small, original packaging. On the box cover in the form of icons, it is indicated that the board supports the installation of processors of the ninth generation. The official website states that this motherboard supports the 9-th generation Core i3, i5, and i7 processors and you do not need to update bios for them, everything will work out of the box.
There are three 4 pin connectors on the board for connecting case fans. One of the connectors is designed to connect the processor cooling system, and the other two connectors can be used at your own discretion. Other than that, this offers reasonable expandability with 1 X16 PCI-E slot, one X4 slot, and one X1 slot. It also offers a decent amount of SATA ports so that you can connect multiple hard disks. It also offers a single M.2 slot for SSD.
This motherboard is also a great option for those who plan to invest in a dedicated sound card or DAC of their own and do not want to rely on the built-in sound card.
- Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.
- Chipset Type: Intel B365
- Compatible Processor: Pentium, Celeron, Core i5, Core i3, Core i7, Core i9 (supports 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / i9 / Pentium / Celeron)
- Power Connectors: 24-pin main power connector, 8-pin ATX12V connector
- Supported RAM Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit or newer
- Item Dimensions: 10.43 x 10.43 x 2.12 inches
- Item Weight: 1.50 lbs
- Supported Motherboard: Micro ATX
- RAM Modules: The board has four slots for installing RAM modules.
- Pin Connector: The motherboard power connector has a 24 pin connector. When connecting the power cable from the unit to this connector, you need to be careful since using excessive force can break the PCB.
- 2 Technology: GIGABYTE Motherboards are focused on delivering M.2 technology to enthusiasts who want to maximize their system’s potential.
- Optane Technology: The H370/B365/B360 Platform supports Intel’s latest Optane technology. Optane fuels storage performance by acting as a cache drive giving users a significant boost compared to traditional mechanical drives.
- Smart Fan 5: Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange their fan headers to reflect different thermal sensors at different locations on the motherboard. Not only that, with Smart Fan, 5 more hybrid fan headers that support both PWM and Voltage mode fans have been introduced to make the motherboard more liquid cooling friendly.
- 3 x Audio Ports: The motherboard offers 3 x audio ports i.e line out, line-in, and mic. Hence it can accommodate a 2.1 stereo system.
If you are looking for a budget option for an Intel-based system, then this is the best motherboard for audio production in our opinion. It is very budget-friendly.
To Sum Up
A good motherboard can facilitate your audio production rig, however, before you delve into getting one, you have to study how one motherboard is differentiated from the other. In this article, I briefly had a look at some of the important considerations when choosing the best motherboard for Audio production as well as looked at the motherboards that are highly reviewed for this matter.
The point to note here is that the choice of the components, including the motherboard, entirely depends upon your budget and what you wish to achieve. If you are a beginner, we would recommend you keep things simple.
Alternatively, if you are a pro then you can look into some of the more advanced models depending largely upon what processor you invest in.